When it comes to simplifying, one of my best friends, Broderick, is someone I would like to emulate. He really appreciates the little things. This morning I noticed he had added a picture to his Facebook wall of the view from his bedroom window. The caption reads "First sight that I behold upon awakening this morning. Who's loving their bedroom view? Yeah, that's right...". And it is an amazing view, a perfect look at Mount Timpanogos.

I have the same view from my window, but I promise you I have never appreciated it in the same way that Broderick does. This is a great example of how he is able to take things that may seem small or simple and, in his own way, make them very significant.
I am starting to discover it is these seemingly little things that are profound because they are what make us who we are. Sure, there are very special moments, big events or major trials, but for the most part it is those small moments that make up our lives.
It makes me think of a tiny pixel. If you were to look at it you would most likely think there is nothing significant or special about it. But if you zoom out, adding thousands of other pixels, you can see that all together they make a much larger image, perhaps even a beautiful view of Mount Timpanogos.
So, the goal now is to focus on the little things that make up the bigger picture that is my life; the small events that contribute to who I am. Sure, I'll strive to write about the major things in my life too, but there will be no pressure to be so profound. Hopefully this will help me blog more often, and perhaps it will allow me to be profound in an entirely different way.
3 comments:
Way to go Ray! If you read my blog, you'll see that I have absolutely nothing profound to say. At least you are trying :)
I concur with Malaina, profoundness is over rated. You are willing to check it out at will though.
I think the point I am trying to make is that we can be profound without even trying. Just living life, moving forward, growing, learning, serving, being grateful, loving, all has profoundness. It's how you look at it.
Post a Comment