Monday, October 11, 2010

Show Me the Chicken

So I bought a bunch of Progresso soup last week because it was on sale for a buck a can. I really thought I got a great deal until I sat down to eat some Chicken Tuscany soup. As I moved my spoon through the bowl I realized I couldn't see any chicken. I looked at the can, thinking maybe I had grabbed a vegetarian soup, but it was indeed Chicken Tuscany.


I again moved my spoon through the soup and eventually found it. There were two pieces in the entire can! And they were small! I had vegetables a plenty, but a serious lack of chicken. Don't get me wrong, I love vegetables. But meat, in my opinion (and probably 99.912% of the male population), is the difference between a meal and an appetizer. And if you can have a meat appetizer followed by a meat entrée, then all is right with the world. The only way to make a man happier is to find a way to add meat to the dessert. Perhaps Rachel Green can be of some help:



Anyway, this kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents would sarcastically chide us with, "Would you like some cereal with your sugar?" What? We were kids and sugar is delicious. Don't act like you never drowned your corn flakes in sugary goodness when you were young. Besides, if my parents had just spent the extra couple of bucks and got the frosted flakes we wouldn't have used $20 of sugar in each bowl.

My point is, I would like some chicken with my chicken soup. Companies should either provide the goods or change their labeling. Perhaps "Vegetable Tuscany with some Chicken" would be more appropriate.

Oh, and yes, I did think of the possibility that I got the one can in thousands that had only two small pieces of chicken in it. Perhaps there is someone out there who is squeaking with delight because they got an abundance of chicken in their Tuscany soup. If this is the case then I think Progresso needs to find a way to make sure every can is equal. Maybe they can add a measured amount of chicken to the can before they add the remainder of the soup. I don't know, but I demand EQUALITY!

Okay, my vociferation is done. I'll move on now. Ooh, lunch time. Some Progresso soup would be nice. All I can say is the Italian-Style Meatball better have meatballs.

1 comment:

Mona said...

This is when you write a letter to the company and you get FREE FOOD. I have gotten free ice cream, free coupons (just got Blue Bonnett coupons because they cheated the consumer on the size). It's amazing how they care what the consumer thinks. One time I sent a letter to Meadow Gold regarding some ice cream I bought that was to have nuts in it. I am the only one who likes nuts and there was "1" nut in the whole half gallon. A lady showed up at my door with 4 half gallons of ice cream. YUM!!