Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's 4/20! Are You High?

I must admit that once in a while I go to the Urban Dictionary website. No, it is not because I feel the need to know a thousand ways to refer to different parts of the body. It is, however, because I am a white boy from Provo, Utah and when a girl tells me I have "swag", I want to know what it means.

Today I visited the site and I was pleasantly surprised that their Word of the Day for this, the 20th day of the 4th month, is......(a whole lot of fanfare and anticipation)........Friend High.

What is a "friend high", you may be asking? Well, Urban Dictionary defines it as this:
The pleasant "high" feeling one acquires around close friends, often compared to being on some sort of drug, and accompanied by lots of laughing, stupidity, excitement, good conversation, and loud obnoxiousness, (i.e. the act of getting "high" off another's good friendship vibes).
Now that's the kind of high I'm talking about! And it seriously works! I have said (and I continue to say) that I have the most amazing friends in the world. Not only do they epitomize the accompaniments listed in the definition, but they are also the most supportive and loving friends. Who wouldn't get high from that? It's the best high in the world! Well, that and the physical high I get from playing tennis. Oh, and the spiritual high I get from going to the temple. Man! There are so many great ways to get high without having to roll a doobie or smoke a blunt.

(Thanks again, Urban Dictionary. I thought a blunt was just a British actress)



Emily Blunt

So, the next time you feel like getting crunk, TRY THIS:


NOT THIS:




OR TRY THIS:


INSTEAD OF THIS:


MOST DEFINITELY TRY THIS:


AGAIN, NOT THIS:



And if you REALLY want to get high, TRY THIS:

No comments: