Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Explanation For All of You Non-Spanish Speakers

First of all: FINALLY! I’ve wanted to start a blog for a very long time, but didn’t. Why? Because I couldn’t come up with a name. Yeah, it’s that simple and THAT lame. I could have been dispensing little tidbits of Raymond knowledge all of this time if I had just picked a name. Sometimes I can be so indecisive. Anyway, I’m finally here and I have chosen…ready for the big reveal….

Okay, so I’m guessing that you’ve seen the title in large letters at the top of this page. Way to ruin my big reveal! So, my blog is called Ray Mundo. I thought that was quite clever (you may not agree) because my name in Spanish is Raymundo. Ray, being my name, and Mundo, being the Spanish word for “world”, made perfect sense. After all, isn’t a blog a dive into the deep, or not so deep, minds, or worlds, of those who write them? So there you have it. Ray Mundo, or Ray World.

NOTE: I, myself, know very little Spanish, about enough to ask you how you are doing, wish you a happy birthday or come up with a silly blog name. That’s about it. So, please don’t write me a long message in Spanish assuming that I speak the language.

So, what’s next? Let’s see…Blog, check….Name, check…oh yes! Now is the time where I impart my words of wisdom, my rants and raves, my opinions, my inquiries, my anecdotes, my, um….yeah, I’ll have to get back to you.

2 comments:

Malaina said...

Felicidades con el nuevo blog! Congratulations with your new blog! I know what you mean with choosing the name- I'm still not certain I like the name of mine.

Amanda said...

Very clever name. I like it!