Sunday, April 26, 2009

To Learn, To Grow, To Serve

Today was a bittersweet day. The elders quorum presidency was released and I was called to be the assistant executive secretary. I have enjoyed my time in the presidency. It has been the best calling I’ve ever had. What an amazing opportunity to serve the members of my ward, to get to know them, to worry about them, to pray for them.

My time in the presidency also gave me an opportunity to forge an amazing friendship with Billy. When we were new to the ward we were home teaching companions for one month. I guess that was enough to leave an impression on him, because a couple of months later he was called to be the elders quorum president and he called me to be his secretary. As we worked together and got to know each other a friendship developed and now I am happy to call him one of my best friends. I am so grateful for his example, his love and his friendship.

I eventually became the first counselor and, after a year and a half in the presidency, it looks like it is time to move on.

I am sad about being released. I will definitely miss it. I am excited for my new calling though. I look forward to a new experience, an opportunity for more growth. I thank my Father in Heaven for these opportunities in which I have to learn, to grow and to serve. Hopefully I will continue to get to know the members of my ward, to worry about them, to pray for them.

No comments: