Tennis is my favorite sport. I can play it everyday, all day, and I can watch it everyday, all day. Seriously, I love it. I would marry it if I…okay, maybe that’s pushing it, but I think you get the idea. Anyway, yesterday was the first day this year that I really had the opportunity to play. One of my best friends, Broderick, and I took some time in the middle of the day to just drop everything we were doing, grab our rackets and go. The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze, just enough to keep us cool, but not enough to affect the game. The court we played on is right next to an elementary school playground and the sound of children playing rang through the air. Some even leaned up against the chain link fence to watch us play. A great setting for a great set of tennis.
Yeah, right. I really feel like I was off. I wasn’t placing my shots well and I was definitely playing defensively most of the time. Oh, and after every game Broderick would ask me if I could keep going. I think he was worried that I would have a heart attack or something. (by the way, my cardiologist told me that I can play tennis. In fact, he encouraged it.) Oh well. It wasn’t the best day of tennis, but even the worst day of tennis beats a day without.
No comments:
Post a Comment